Newsmaker: Lucille Underwood
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Noteworthy: Underwood recently was honored with the Red Cross Humanitarian Leadership award for her work with the Red Cross and other disaster relief agencies in Allegheny County.
Family: Husband Richard, 66; daughters Gretchen Underwood Schaefer, 35, and Danielle Kim, 31; son Richard Jr., 33.
Occupation: Assistant disaster coordinator for the Allegheny County Department of Human Services' Office of Behavioral Health.
Background: Underwood became the county's assistant disaster coordinator in 1997. Since then, she also has worked extensively for the Center for Victims, the Salvation Army and Allegheny County Emergency Services.
Education: Underwood earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1971.
Quote: “I am very grateful to have this job. I meet the nicest people because they're people who are trying to help others through difficult situations. I think I am very fortunate to be allowed to do this.”
— Chris TogneriThere are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Taliban offer to free U.S. soldier in prisoner exchange
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Starkey: No apologies for this NBA column
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- Bethel Park couple sue contractor in federal court