Domestic dispute in Manchester leads police to 20 pounds of pot, marijuana growing operation
By Margaret Harding
Published: Monday, October 8, 2012, 12:14 p.m.
Updated: Monday, October 22, 2012
Officers responding to a domestic dispute discovered a marijuana-growing and distribution operation in Manchester, Pittsburgh police said.
Police charged Gerald Allen Sloan, 30, of Manchester with conspiracy, drug possession, simple assault and other crimes.
A witness called police about 6:20 p.m. Sunday after seeing Sloan argue with a woman, 24, and push her down the stairs of a home in the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, police said.
Sloan then attacked the witness, who defended himself and left to call police.
When officers arrived, the woman, who was bleeding from the mouth, said she fell down the stairs, and Sloan said he didn't do anything to her, police said.
Sloan told the officers no one else was in the home, but police went in to look and saw marijuana and drug paraphernalia in an upstairs bedroom, police said.
The officers got a search warrant and found about 20 pounds of marijuana, $3,698 in cash, equipment for growing marijuana and other drug paraphernalia, police said. Sloan had $1,226 in his pockets, police said.
The woman was taken to Allegheny General Hospital for treatment and also will face charges, police said.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Plan for loft apartments receives approval
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.