Arnold mother, son apparently beaten to death
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 10:02 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Detectives are trying to learn why an Arnold mother and son were beaten to death.
Bonnie Lee Broadwater, 46, and Lance Holt, 22, died from blunt force, Westmoreland County District Attorney John W. Peck said Tuesday.
Their bodies were found Thursday night in a house at 1535 Third Ave., where they had lived since spring. Broadwater and Holt were dead several days before their bodies were discovered on the home's first floor, just feet from the front door.
On Tuesday, Peck said county detectives and Arnold police are looking for people who were in the house in the days before the two were killed and those who otherwise had contact with Broadwater or Holt.
“Detectives are making good progress identifying friends and associates and acquaintances in order to determine who may have a motive to kill,” Peck said.
“We had a productive weekend. But even though we're making progress, we're still looking for anyone with information,” explained Arnold police Chief Willie Weber.
“However trivial it may seem to you, if you saw them with someone, or know something, call us. It might turn out to be very important to us,” Weber said.
Police haven't provided any theories about why the pair were killed.
“Robbery hasn't been ruled out. Nothing has been ruled out,” Peck said.
County Coroner Ken Bacha said Broadwater's relatives have been notified, and the county will allow the bodies to be released to a funeral home when the relatives contact them with arrangements.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.