Police investigating fatal shooting in Wilkinsburg
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 9:14 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
A man was fatally shot in an apparent robbery in Wilkinsburg Tuesday, Allegheny County Police said.
Anthony Dawson, 25, of Wilkinsburg died at the scene in the 1000 block of South Avenue, a spokesman with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Wilkinsburg police responding to a 911 call about 8:30 p.m. found Dawson with a gunshot wound to the head, county police said in a news release.
Dawson had been staying at the home, and investigators believe he was shot in a robbery between 8:10 p.m. and 8:20 p.m., police said. Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at that time is asked to call detectives at 412-473-1300.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Group pushing Clinton bid in 2016 gets key senator’s vote
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.