Philadelphia girl to transfer over Romney shirt flap
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 12:02 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
PHILADELPHIA -- The father of a 16-year-old Philadelphia girl who says she was mocked by her geometry teacher for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt says his children will not be going back to the school.
Samantha Pawlucy briefly returned to Charles Carroll High School in the city's Port Richmond section Tuesday. That's after she says she was mocked last week by her teacher for wearing the shirt supporting the Republican presidential candidate.
But her father, Richard Pawlucy, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer his daughter never actually made it to class and instead went into the school offices following a rally held by her supporters. He says she felt uncomfortable.
He says Samantha and two other high-school age children in his home will be transferring to another school.
The teacher has apologized.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Blowing late lead not a good sign for Penguins
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
I bet if it was the other way where a girl wearing an Obama shirt was mocked, the teacher would have been fired!