Former Allegheny County Jail guard will go to trial in March
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 3:44 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012
A federal judge on Wednesday scheduled the criminal prosecution of a former Allegheny County Jail guard for March 18.
A federal grand jury indicted Arii Metz, 34, of the North Side on charges of depriving David Kipp, 26, of Polish Hill, of his civil rights during an Oct. 12, 2010, incident at the jail. Metz beat Kipp in a jail cell during an encounter, prosecutors said.
James Wymard, Kipp's lawyer, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Shaun Sweeney told U.S. District Judge Nora Barry Fischer the trial will include about six days of testimony. Fischer also ruled on several routine pretrial motions.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Plan for loft apartments receives approval
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.