Possible murder weapon being tested in Arnold homicide investigation
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 4:02 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Authorities say they may have discovered the murder weapon in the beating deaths of an Arnold mother and son last week, but they won't say what it is.
Westmoreland County District Attorney John W. Peck would say only that police have sent an unidentified “item” found at the murder scene to the state police crime lab in Greensburg to determine whether it was used to beat Bonnie Lee Broadwater, 46, and Lance Holt, 22.
Peck declined to describe the item, but said it or something like it would cause the type of injury caused when the victims were beaten.
The bodies of Broadwater and Holt were found last Thursday in the house they rented at 1535 Third Ave. They had been dead for days.
County Coroner Ken Bacha later said the two died as a result of blunt force trauma.
Broadwater's family was still making funeral arrangements onWednesday.
Arnold police Chief Willie Weber said his office has received some phone calls about Broadwater and Holt, but police are asking still anyone with information to contact Arnold officers at 724-339-9663 or county detectives at 724-830-3949.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-226-4711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Two people shot on Amanda Street in Knoxville
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Judges consider tossing $60M Penn State fund lawsuit
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Market Square Farmer’s Market expanding
- Pittsburgh council rejects expansion of Mexican War Streets historic district
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.