Rachel Carson bridge closed Thursday for banner hanging
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 4:52 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Rachel Carson Bridge that carries Ninth Street over the Allegheny River between Downtown and the North Shore will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday so crews can hang a banner, Allegheny County Public Works said.
The banner will promote the One Young World Summit that Pittsburgh will host from Oct. 18-22. Motorists should use the nearby Roberto Clemente or Andy Warhol bridges during the closure, the county said.
- Connellsville’s Memorial Day features wreath toss, recitation of Gettysburg Address on 150th anniversary
- Newest Dunbar Community Festival ornament is now available
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Stretch of Route 43 dedicated to vets
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
- Budget steady on taxes
- August Wilson Center for African American Culture needs to play ball
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.