McKees Rocks school evacuated due to odor of natural gas
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, 9:32 a.m.
A McKees Rocks school was evacuated Thursday morning because of an odor of natural gas, McKees Rocks police said.
Allegheny Intermediate Unit's Community School West on May Avenue was evacuated about 8:20 a.m., Chief Robert Cifrulak said.
The McKees Rocks Fire Department is investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Keisel might be at end of Steelers career
- Penguins’ leads evaporate in loss to Sharks
- McKeesport middle school student struck by dump truck dies in hospital
- Martin would consider extending stay with Pirates
- Suspect in East Liberty slayings may be part of murder-for-hire case
- New Pirates pitcher Eppley brings special delivery to team’s staff
- Westmoreland man’s walk in Niagara Falls State Park wasn’t allowed, police say
- Judge to Cook Township drug suspect: Get new friends
- Sharks praise ex-teammate, newest Penguins player Goc
- Heyl: Men. Men! Men? Say it isn’t so, Chatham
- With NCAA hopes on bubble, Pitt men treating Clemson as must-win