Columbine-style threat on Facebook names Beaver County school
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 12:06 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The New Brighton School District in Beaver County has contacted police and the FBI about a possible threat posted on a Facebook page created in the name of one of the Columbine High School shooters.
The page created under the name Eric Harris — one of two boys who fatally shot 13 students at the Colorado school in April 1999 — has been removed. But the post that prompted the investigation read, “Goodnight New Brighton. Ill see you all tomorrow at school. Sweet Dreams :)” and also referenced a recent anti-bullying program at the school. Investigators determined that Harris and Dylan Klebold had been bullied before the Columbine shootings.
The school district says it is cooperating with the investigation. FBI officials and the New Brighton police haven't said if they've traced the message.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Pitt baseball team has a lot at stake
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- McKeesport bank robbed again
- Pet cat is injured in kitchen fire in N. Huntingdon
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.