Search for body of New Hampshire student put on hold for day
By The Associated Press
Published: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, October 14, 2012
DOVER, N.H. -- A New Hampshire prosecutor says the search for the body of a 19-year-old University of New Hampshire student has been suspended ahead of the arraignment for an actor and martial arts instructor who's been charged in her death.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Sunday that a ground and water search on and around Portsmouth's Peirce Island is expected to resume Monday. She says waters around the island were dangerous on Sunday.
Twenty-nine-year-old Seth Mazzaglia of Dover was charged Saturday with second-degree murder in the death of Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott. Marriott was from Westborough, Mass., and had been living with an aunt in Chester, N.H., and commuting to the university in Durham.
Young said Mazzaglia and Marriott knew each other, but she wouldn't elaborate. Mazzaglia's arraignment is Monday.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
- Cheswick Council agrees to buy firetruck
- Chamber to become regional with merger
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Conrad, Phillips share Daily News Softball Coach of Year honors
- Burrell approves tax increase of about 2%
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.