Teen shot to death in Garfield
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:12 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Pittsburgh homicide detectives were investigating the shooting death of a teenager in Garfield on Sunday night.
Zone 5 Commander Cheryl Doubt said officers were responding to reports of gunfire in the 400 block of North Aiken Avenue about 8:20 p.m. and then were alerted to a person on the ground in nearby Browns Way.
Police said the male victim, a teenager, was taken to UPMC Presbyterian, Oakland, where he was pronounced dead
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- Marcellus shale testing to start in Perry Township
- Reward offered in Monessen pharmacy robbery
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.