Newsmaker: Jason Beisler
By Timothy Puko
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Noteworthy: The National Foundation for Governors' Fitness Councils honored Beisler's school, South Allegheny Middle School, for its dedication to physical fitness and the wellness of its student body. Beisler wrote a grant request, and the foundation awarded the school $100,000 worth of fitness equipment.
Residence: North Huntingdon
Occupation: Physical education teacher and part-time personal trainer.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health and physical education from the University of Pittsburgh in 1997.
Background: Graduated from South Allegheny High School in 1992 and went on to become assistant basketball coach, manager of the baseball team and the district's middle school athletic director.
Quote: “I think a lot of kids welcome (a fitness-oriented program). ... So we're trying to get our kids a good foundation moving forward.”
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers, 5-2
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- WPIAL athletes fare well in final day of state track
- MLB notebook: Yankees’ Granderson goes on DL again
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of soldier
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Vehicle slams into bakery, no injuries
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.