Four of five assault charges against ex-Steeler tossed
By Margaret Harding
Published: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 6:02 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 25, 2012
A district judge dismissed four of five assault charges against Chukky Okobi after a lawyer for the former Steeler said he was defending himself from several attackers during a fight in the South Side.
At a preliminary hearing Thursday in Pittsburgh Municipal Court, District Judge Kevin Cooper dismissed all but one of the simple assault charges Pittsburgh police filed against Okobi, 33, of Shadyside.
Police charged Okobi and another man following a fight Aug. 25 in Bar Room on East Carson Street. Okobi also is accused of punching a security guard who tried to break up the fight.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- 27 witnesses to testify in heroin trafficking
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Fabled bed & breakfast in Gettysburg offers glimpse of past
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.