Possible child abuse in Mt. Oliver investigated
Published: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 7:32 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Police are investigating a possible case of child abuse in Mt. Oliver.
A man brought his girlfriend's motionless 2-year-old son to the borough police station about 4:30 p.m. Thursday and said the boy had been knocked unconscious by falling down the stairs, Mt. Oliver police Sgt. Matthew Juzwick said. The child was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville for treatment and Allegheny County Police were called to investigate, Juzwick said.
Paramedics told emergency dispatchers there were indications that the child may have been abused.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Plan for loft apartments receives approval
- Former president of Derry Area Football Boosters Club charged with stealing $27,000 from group
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at Brackenridge crime scene
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.