Police seek witnesses in Montour Trail death
Published: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 5:04 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The death of a man whose body was found on the Montour Trail in Findlay remains under investigation, Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said on Tuesday.
The body of Jeffrey Black, 43, of Coraopolis, was spotted by a passerby shortly before 10 a.m. Friday under the Summit Park Drive overpass. An autopsy showed that Black died of injuries to the head and trunk.
Schurman said investigators believe Black — described as a white man with dark hair who was wearing a black Steelers T-shirt over a purple button-down shirt and bluejeans — either fell or jumped to his death sometime after 9:20 a.m.
Anyone who was in the vicinity and saw him is asked to call county homicide detectives at 412-473-1300.
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Jordan Miles hires two attorneys for civil trial against Pittsburgh officers
- Suspect surrenders in foundry evacuation
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.