Slide closes section of Route 837
Published: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 8:46 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
A 2.3-mile stretch of Route 837 was closed Tuesday night because of what West Mifflin Police are calling “a major landslide.”
The slide, which occurred about 8 p.m., closed the two-lane highway between the Duquesne-McKeesport Bridge to Boswell Oil. Co. on Washington Avenue in Dravosburg.
“No traffic can get through,” police said.
The stretch of road — which is bordered by the hillside and railroad tracks — is a common slide area, police said.
State Department of Transportation personnel were called to examine the site and plan cleanup operations.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Former Washington County judge charged with theft, drug possession
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.