Candidates for District 39 state rep seat within 3-dozen votes
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 11:16 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
A neck-and-neck race for the District 39 state representative seat continues Wednesday morning as David Levdansky, a Democrat from Forward Township, and incumbent Rick Saccone, a Republican from Elizabeth, are within 36 votes of each other.
Levdansky served as the District 39 representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago in a similarly heated race.
As of Wednesday morning, Saccone received a total of 14,374 votes and Levdansky, 14,238, in Allegheny and Washington counties.
Election results are unofficial and will become official upon certification by the Allegheny County Board of Elections. Absentee and provisional ballots will be counted next week.
The 39th legislative district includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; Carroll, Nottingham and Union townships and Finleyville and New Eagle boroughs in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.