CLO Cabaret to present ‘You Say Tomato’
By Alice T. Carter
Published: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
The comedy “You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!” will have its Pittsburgh debut Jan. 31 as an offering of the CLO Cabaret.
Actors, writers and married couple Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn wrote the humorous stage show about the joys and irritations familiar to any couple who have been married for a long time.
They based the live show on their memoir, which was developed from performances at the Comedy Central Theater and Citizens Brigade, and the 2009 New York Comedy Festival.
The 75-minute show takes a humorous look at their relationship and their efforts to navigate the inevitable conflicts that come with romance, money and children. It contains some adult content.
Casting has not yet been decided.
“You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!” runs Jan. 31 to May 5 at the Cabaret at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave., Downtown.
Tickets, $34.75 to $44.75, go on sale Nov. 12.
Details: 412-456-6666 or www.CLOCabaret.com
— Alice T. Carter
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- The film tax credit farce
- Battle over tire shop continues
- Pittsburgh Ballet thrives from 30-year affiliation with sports therapy
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.