Sheetz to change leadership
By Kim Leonard
Published: Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:28 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Sheetz Inc. announced Friday that Joe S. Sheetz will become the convenience store chain's new CEO in October 2013.
Stan Sheetz, chief executive of the Altoona-based company for 17 years, will become chairman, while Steve Sheetz will end his tenure as chairman to fill the new position of family council chairman.
Joe Sheetz is executive vice president of finance and store development at the company, which has more than 430 stores in Pennsylvania and five other states.
“We'd like to ensure that Sheetz continues to be a family business,” Steve Sheetz said. “Bringing in a new generation of leadership is an exciting first step toward maintaining that legacy.”
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Wounded veteran gets mortgage-free Dormont house
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Former Speaker DeWeese expected to remain in prison
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza shopping center looking to bounce back
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.