Two bars closed for failure to pay drink tax
Two Allegheny County bars were shut down Friday for failure to pay the county's drink tax, Treasurer John Weinstein said.
County Sheriff's deputies padlocked Thomas Lounge in Homewood and Molly O's in Sheraden. Weinstein said Thomas Lounge, owned by Darren Morris, owes more than $48,000 in drink taxes, and Molly O's, owned by Nicole Mercurio, owes more than $6,500.
Weinstein said he has filed more than 120 lawsuits against delinquent drink tax establishments and 30 have been shut down.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Foundation arranges free maid service for women with cancer
- No. 4 Highlands wraps up perfect regular season
- New Kensington contractor selected to serve on bridge project