Two bars closed for failure to pay drink tax
Published: Friday, November 2, 2012, 7:38 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Two Allegheny County bars were shut down Friday for failure to pay the county's drink tax, Treasurer John Weinstein said.
County Sheriff's deputies padlocked Thomas Lounge in Homewood and Molly O's in Sheraden. Weinstein said Thomas Lounge, owned by Darren Morris, owes more than $48,000 in drink taxes, and Molly O's, owned by Nicole Mercurio, owes more than $6,500.
Weinstein said he has filed more than 120 lawsuits against delinquent drink tax establishments and 30 have been shut down.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.