Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct
The NFL fined Steelers receiver Antonio Brown $10,000 for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during last week's 27-12 win over Washington.
Brown was penalized for running into the end zone backward from the 20-yard line during a 78-yard punt return in the third quarter that ultimately was called back because of a block in the back.
It was the third unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for Brown dating to last year's preseason.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin wasn't happy with Brown's taunting. He said it “wasn't respectful” and that he addressed the matter with Brown and the team.
Mark Kaboly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion