Leechburg woman killed in one-car Route 28 crash
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
Authorities said a Leechburg woman died and another person was injured Saturday in a one-car crash in the northbound lanes of Route 28 in O'Hara, near the exit to RIDC Park.
Patricia Maritto, 77, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office. An autopsy is planned for Sunday.
The rollover crash injured a second person in the vehicle, whom police did not identify. Both were trapped in the vehicle shortly after 4 p.m. The extent of the injuries to the second person was unclear.
The northbound lanes of Route 28 remained closed for hours as investigators work on the scene, causing traffic to back up between Exits 8 and 9 and onto Freeport Road.
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- SeaWorld’s Antarctica latest challenge to Disney
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Pause to remember, celebrate veterans with cookout favorites
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.