Leechburg woman killed in one-car Route 28 crash
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
Authorities said a Leechburg woman died and another person was injured Saturday in a one-car crash in the northbound lanes of Route 28 in O'Hara, near the exit to RIDC Park.
Patricia Maritto, 77, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office. An autopsy is planned for Sunday.
The rollover crash injured a second person in the vehicle, whom police did not identify. Both were trapped in the vehicle shortly after 4 p.m. The extent of the injuries to the second person was unclear.
The northbound lanes of Route 28 remained closed for hours as investigators work on the scene, causing traffic to back up between Exits 8 and 9 and onto Freeport Road.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Esmark celebrates new headquarters in Edgeworth
- Bethel Park offensive lineman picks Pitt
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Deal could prevent doubling of student loan rates
- Bethel Park couple sue contractor in federal court
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- City police investigating whether officer who gave ride to mayor’s ex-bodyguard broke any department regulations
- News Alert