Leechburg woman killed in one-car Route 28 crash
Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 4:54 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
Authorities said a Leechburg woman died and another person was injured Saturday in a one-car crash in the northbound lanes of Route 28 in O'Hara, near the exit to RIDC Park.
Patricia Maritto, 77, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office. An autopsy is planned for Sunday.
The rollover crash injured a second person in the vehicle, whom police did not identify. Both were trapped in the vehicle shortly after 4 p.m. The extent of the injuries to the second person was unclear.
The northbound lanes of Route 28 remained closed for hours as investigators work on the scene, causing traffic to back up between Exits 8 and 9 and onto Freeport Road.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Garner retiring after 37 years as Penn-Trafford teacher, administrator
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Pirates’ road trip could define journey
- Memorial Day events set in Westmoreland, Fayette
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.