Penn Hills woman killed, 2 men injured in Homewood shooting
By Adam Brandolph
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 7:12 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
Police are trying to figure out what prompted a shooting of three friends that killed a Penn Hills woman, hospitalized two men and riddled two vehicles with bullets, Pittsburgh police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said Monday.
Raynna Church, 31, was driving one vehicle with a 34-year-old male passenger, and a second, unidentified man drove the other vehicle. They were stopped Sunday night on Monticello Street in Homewood when someone opened fire on them, police Lt. Daniel Herrmann said.
Both drivers sped away, but crashed into parked vehicles, Herrmann said.
Responding officers found one vehicle peppered with bullet holes and abandoned along Monticello about 10:40 p.m., Herrmann said. Shortly afterward, police found Church dead in the driver's seat of another bullet-riddled vehicle. Her passenger, who was lying in the street with a bullet wound, is in critical condition in UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland, Herrmann said.
Police later learned that the driver of the other vehicle was in Presbyterian. He is in stable condition with a leg wound, Herrmann said.
Police have not identified suspects, Stangrecki said.
Adam Brandolph is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-391-0927 or email@example.com.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Wounded veteran gets mortgage-free Dormont house
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.