Body of missing Butler County boater found in Lake Arthur
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 7:52 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
The body of a hunter who was believed to have drowned at Moraine State Park's Lake Arthur was recovered Sunday afternoon.
Members of the Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department's Dive Team found the body of Brian Cornetti, 54 of Prospect, near the dock where he was believed to have gone into the water Oct. 26, according to Greensburg Fire Lt. Bob Wright.
Cornetti's body was found at 1:45 p.m. about 30 feet off the docks in about seven feet of water, said Park Ranger Jeff Fitch.
Cornetti had arrived at the lake about 10 p.m. the day he disappeared to hunt raccoons. He typically took a hunting dog in a fishing boat and tried to spot the animals along the shore.
Around 8 a.m. the next day, a park volunteer spotted Cornetti's fishing boat on the water. It had drifted unoccupied across the lake.
Park officials believe Cornetti's boat got away from him and he tried to retrieve it.
The search for Cornetti began immediately but was hampered by low visibility in the lake, Fitch said.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Taliban offer to free U.S. soldier in prisoner exchange
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Starkey: No apologies for this NBA column
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- Bethel Park couple sue contractor in federal court