Univeral Stainless profit reduced on corrected results
By Kim Leonard
Published: Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, 9:48 a.m.
Universal Stainless & Alloy Products Inc. corrected its third-quarter results on Monday, saying an incorrect customer invoice was discovered and a credit memo has been issued.
Previously reported sales for the third quarter were cut by $900,000 to $61.4 million. With the fix, the Bridgeville-based stainless steel maker said it earned a profit of $2.75 million, or 38 cents a share for the three months ended Sept. 30.
That's a change from $3.27 million, or 45 cents.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Analysis: Kesler still on Pens’ radar as Shero aims to bring back ‘Big 3’
- ‘Un-American’? That’s Harry Reid, the Senate’s lowly smear artist
- Penguins GM Shero’s deadline deals: Addition by subtraction
- Starkey: Steelers know when to say goodbye
- Pirates’ big risk with pitch-heavy draft focus might soon pay off
- Ex-Colts executive Polian: Approach free agency with caution
- Review: Swiss troupe’s performance sheds ‘Lux’ on choreographer’s artistry
- Lawmaker: Responders should carry drug that counteracts opiates
- Ukrainians steel to resist Russian aggression
- SUV flips onto its side on Parkway East
- With so many needs, Steelers can ill afford to miss in draft