WPIAL sets football quarterfinal sites
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
The WPIAL has set the sites for Friday's 16 football quarterfinal-round playoff games.
In Class AAAA, North Allegheny will play Bethel Park at North Hills; Seneca Valley-Mt. Lebanon at North Allegheny; Gateway-Woodland Hills at Norwin; and Upper St. Clair-Central Catholic at Baldwin.
In Class AAA, Thomas Jefferson will play Franklin Regional at Elizabeth Forward; West Allegheny-Montour at Chartiers Valley; Mars-West Mifflin at Fox Chapel; and Central Valley-Hopewell at Ambridge.
In Class AA, Aliquippa will play Mt. Pleasant at Peters Township; Jeannette-Beaver at Hampton; South Fayette-Beaver Falls at Moon; and Washington-Seton-La Salle at Canon-McMillan.
In Class A, Clairton will play Brentwood at Belle Vernon; Neshannock-Monessen at Chartiers-Houston; Sto-Rox-Union at Mars; and Rochester-North Catholic at Dormont Stadium.
All games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Pens GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was in-playoffs improvement
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- 2-vehicle crash sends minivan into Winfield Township bagel shop
- Biertempfel: Pirates’ Alvarez continues improvement at third base
- Local golf notebook: W.Pa. native hopeful for full PGA Tour privileges in 2014
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.