WPIAL sets football quarterfinal sites
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
The WPIAL has set the sites for Friday's 16 football quarterfinal-round playoff games.
In Class AAAA, North Allegheny will play Bethel Park at North Hills; Seneca Valley-Mt. Lebanon at North Allegheny; Gateway-Woodland Hills at Norwin; and Upper St. Clair-Central Catholic at Baldwin.
In Class AAA, Thomas Jefferson will play Franklin Regional at Elizabeth Forward; West Allegheny-Montour at Chartiers Valley; Mars-West Mifflin at Fox Chapel; and Central Valley-Hopewell at Ambridge.
In Class AA, Aliquippa will play Mt. Pleasant at Peters Township; Jeannette-Beaver at Hampton; South Fayette-Beaver Falls at Moon; and Washington-Seton-La Salle at Canon-McMillan.
In Class A, Clairton will play Brentwood at Belle Vernon; Neshannock-Monessen at Chartiers-Houston; Sto-Rox-Union at Mars; and Rochester-North Catholic at Dormont Stadium.
All games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- City police investigating whether officer who gave ride to mayor’s ex-bodyguard broke any department regulations
- Army National Guardsman sues Target, claims he was fired while preparing for deployment
- Two people shot on Amanda Street in Knoxville
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Judges consider tossing $60M Penn State fund lawsuit
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.