David Feherty draws crowds to charity event at LeMont
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 11, 2012
Swooning is usually reserved for tweens, twerps and the rest of the teenybopper throng.
That is, until you put a roomful of grown men and women in a room with David Feherty, God's gift of razor-sharp repartee to the world of golf.
Dinner with the man, the myth, the legend drew more than 250 on Wednesday to LeMont at $1,000 a pop, although neither price tags nor mileage could stymie anyone's interest.
“We get the ‘Most Miles Traveled' award,” mused Bruno Burlon, whose entourage included seven others from Toronto.
Reaping the rewards was Feherty's Troops First Foundation, which seeks to improve the lives of our soldiers — particularly those dealing with devastating injuries from tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Spearheaded by Jim Smail (with Nancy), the evening drew the likes of Tom and Tina Henderson, Jeff Revilla, Richard Kacin, co-chairs Bill and Tricia Kassling, Tony and Anita Perricelli, Kim and Lee Tilghman, T1F executive director Rick Kell, and Dr. Stephen and Linda Todorovich.
“Every now and then, you come across a community that really cares and seems to get it...this town gets it,” Feherty said.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Pittsburgh’s Schwartz’s is reborn as a Living Market on the South Side
- Van Sickle breaks through at West Penn Open
- Andy Warhol Bridge to be covered in knitted blankets in August
- NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.