The Carnegie shines After Hours @ the Library
By Kate Benz
Published: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 11, 2012
There's something ridiculously alluring about a happy hour hosted within the confines of the library, so no big surprise that the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh saw 200 young professionals walking through its Smithfield Street branch on Friday for After Hours @the Library.
“The idea is to have an event that's more intimate ...although I guess it isn't too intimate with 200 people,” mused CLP's Suzanne Thinnes.
No doubt, a good problem to have as the likes of Brian Hart, John Dickerson, Jennifer Marlow, CLP prexy Mary Francis Cooper, Brian Chernock, Erik Zawadzki, Julian Smith, Wolfgang Richter, Debjani Biswas, and Stephen Denney enjoyed wine tastings and other libations.
“I don't know why I don't have a library card,” confessed Lucy Erickson when pressed. “But I do have a book in my purse!” she exclaimed, pulling out a copy of “Perks of Being a Wallflower.”
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Turnout light across Western Pa. as voters hit polls
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Protesters rally at FirstEnergy meeting in W.Va.
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.