Tickets for Pittsburgh ‘Flashdance’ show go on sale Friday
By Alice Carter
Published: Monday, November 5, 2012, 1:28 p.m.
Updated: Monday, November 5, 2012
Tickets go on sale Friday for “Flashdance — The Musical,” which will have its world premiere and begin its national tour Jan. 1 to 6, 2013, at Heinz Hall, Downtown.
A presentation of the PNC Broadway Across America-Pittsburgh series, the live stage show is an adaptation of the 1983 hit film that was shot in Pittsburgh. It tells the story of a talented young female steelworker who works nights as a dancer at a local bar, but dreams of enrolling at the prestigious Shipley Dance Academy and becoming a professional dancer.
“Flashdance — The Musical” will feature a score that includes the hit songs such as “Flashdance – What a Feeling,” “Maniac,” “Gloria,” “Manhunt” and “I Love Rock & Roll,” plus 16 new original songs written for the stage by Robbie Roth and Robert Cary.
Performances are 7:30 p.m. Jan. 1 to 3, 8 p.m. Jan. 4, 2 and 8 p.m. Jan. 5 and 1 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 6
Single tickets will range from $20 to $65 when they go on sale at 9 a.m. Friday at the box office at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave. Tickets also can be purchased by calling 412- 392-4900 or online at www.trustarts.org.
At 10 a.m. Friday, a limited number of tickets also will be available for $19.83 at the Heinz Hall box office for patrons who show up dressed in 1980s-style clothing.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
- Pitt baseball team has a lot at stake
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- McKeesport bank robbed again
- Pet cat is injured in kitchen fire in N. Huntingdon
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.