911th members head overseas
Published: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
About 20 members of the 911th Airlift Wing departed Pittsburgh International Airport in Moon on Tuesday for a deployment to southwest Asia, expected to last at least until January.
They will join more than 150 operations and maintenance workers deployed in September with several of the unit's C-130 transport planes.
The members of the 911th will deliver supplies, equipment, and U.S. and coalition forces in and out of the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Chesapeake Energy names Anadarko executive as new CEO
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Police: Drunk man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Mt. Washington's Grandview Avenue isn't looking so great these days
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- 57 W.Pa. hopefuls missed filing deadline, data show
- Lawrenceville native strives to fly from world’s wonders
- Man attacked by dog in Carrick cemetery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.