911th members head overseas
Published: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
About 20 members of the 911th Airlift Wing departed Pittsburgh International Airport in Moon on Tuesday for a deployment to southwest Asia, expected to last at least until January.
They will join more than 150 operations and maintenance workers deployed in September with several of the unit's C-130 transport planes.
The members of the 911th will deliver supplies, equipment, and U.S. and coalition forces in and out of the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa.
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Jordan Miles hires two attorneys for civil trial against Pittsburgh officers
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Woman cut from car after Washington Township wreck
- Suspect surrenders in foundry evacuation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.