Anderson to address vets
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Care center plans Veterans Day observance
Greensburg Care Center at 119 Industrial Park Road has announced plans for its second annual Veterans Day observance to be held Nov. 12. Festivities will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a parade of veterans through the halls of the facility, followed by a program to honor the veterans in the activity lounge.
Guest speaker will be Charles W. Anderson, chairman of the Westmoreland County commissioners and a retired colonel of the U.S. Marines. Anderson graduated from Hempfield High School. He and his wife, Nancy, have three children and five grandchildren.
The program will include singing by vocalist Olivia Shultz and a reading by Joseph Pishko.
The varsity cheerleaders from Jeanette High School will also participate. Serving as master of ceremonies will be Eric Tepper, a former journalist from Latrobe and a former Derry Borough councilman.
Refreshments will be available in the activity lounge following the ceremony.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Blocked parking frustrates Squirrel Hll voters
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.