Ruum kids wear to replace 77kids at malls
By Kim Leonard
Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The 77kids children's clothing label is apparently giving way to a new identity under its new ownership.
Signs in the front windows of the 77kids by American Eagle store Tuesday at The Mall At Robinson read, “Make room for Ruum American Kids Wear.”
American Eagle Outfitters Inc. sold its money-losing 77kids business, which debuted online four years ago, in August to Ezra Dabah, former CEO of The Children's Place. The deal included 22 stores, and in addition to Robinson, 77kids has a Ross Park Mall store.
At Robinson, a 77kids merchandise “blowout” is under way, signs say, with discounts at 20 to 40 percent. Dabah's purchase included a license to use the 77kids name through Jan. 15. Neither Dabah nor officials at either mall could be reached for comment.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- TJ’s Mascaro served early exit at state singles
- Police: Former Bethel Park PTO president spent stolen money on ‘stupid stuff’
- Friday’s high of 51 was lowest ever for May 24
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Scouts vote on gays could cost sponsorships
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.