Newsmaker: Jamie Baxter
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Noteworthy: Baxter helped organize and lead the Committee for Education Funding's 2012 Legislative Conference and Gala on Oct. 2 in Washington. She met with key contributors to the nation's education dialogue, including members of Congress and staff, education advocates and advisers to President Obama's and Gov. Mitt Romney's campaigns.
Family: Husband, Rob
Occupation: Allegheny Intermediate Unit's director of Legislative Policy and Advocacy
Background: Formerly an education lobbyist for the Association for Career and Technical Education in Alexandria, Va., and the Federal Trio outreach programs in Washington. She also serves as the president of the Committee for Education Funding.
Education: Bachelor's degrees in women's studies and political science, West Virginia University, 2003
Quote: “Every student has the right to a quality, well-rounded education. The best way to ensure our nation remains strong and competitive in a global economy is to invest in that education. As a representative of the Allegheny Intermediate Unit, I was able to provide a local perspective on how decisions in Washington impact our school districts.”
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- NK-Arnold OKs proposed tax hike
- Pools get ready for summer
- School taxes down in Elizabeth Forward
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.