Mars Area teachers, school board OK contract
Published: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 6:40 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The Mars Area School Board and 200 teachers Monday approved a two-year contract.
School Board Solicitor Tom King said teachers will receive raises of 3 percent for the 2012-2013 school year, retroactive to July 1, and a 4.4 percent raise in the 2013-2014 school year.
Teachers will also begin paying for health care insurance, $20 a month for a single person, $30 for a couple or single parent with a child, and $40 for family coverage.
King said the district will save nearly $350,000 by increasing deductibles on health care coverage.
For single coverage, the annual out-of-pocket deductible will rise from $250 to $500, and for family coverage, from $500 to $1,200.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Tea party protesters target Pittsburgh federal building
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Senior Players Championship tickets on sale
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.