Deer crashes through Castle Shannon carpet store
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 9:06 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Castle Shannon carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting, tells WPXI-TV that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- NHL notebook: Datsyuk, Red Wings reach deal
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Federal judge frees Geneva College from government requirement on health coverage
- Franklin Regional appointment raises procedural questions
- Church asks to rent Gateway Middle School for Sunday services
- ‘Cooks’ farce promises to be a witty dish
- Pittsburgh’s Schwartz’s is reborn as a Living Market on the South Side
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.