PennDOT to close Route 28 at night through Sunday
Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 6:16 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Route 28 inbound will be closed at the Millvale interchange from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday through Sunday, PennDOT said.
Motorists will be detoured around the closure via Millvale's complicated circular interchange and back onto the highway at the 40th Street Bridge.
PennDOT also said that the ramp from Millvale to Route 28 outbound will be closed during the same overnight hours. Traffic will be detoured via the 40th Street Bridge, Butler Street and the Highland Park Bridge.
PennDOT is spending $3.5 million to make improvements on Route 28 in the area of the Millvale interchange. It is part of a larger $120 million project to remake Route 28 as a four-lane, limited-access highway with no traffic signals between Pittsburgh and Kittanning.
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Quantum Theatre keeps it fresh in 23rd season
- ‘Material Matters’ exhibit goes through 2 different art forms with 1 thing in common
- Watoto children sing and dance out the pain
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Redevelopment authority set to approve demolition of old Trafford fire station
- Fire destroys log home in Ohio Township
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.