Stretch of Grant Street to be closed temporarily Saturday for holiday tree installation
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 11:06 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Grant Street between Fourth and Forbes avenues, Downtown, will be closed from 9:30 to 1 p.m. Saturday so workers can transport and put up the city's holiday tree.
The tree, which will be located in the portico of the City-County Building, is one of the first signs of the arrival of the holiday season. Light Up Night, another holiday tradition, is the evening of Nov. 16, Downtown.
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl will light the tree during a ceremony at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 16, said spokeswoman Joanna Doven.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Mt. Washington's Grandview Avenue isn't looking so great these days
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Allegheny County police counting on remote-operated river vehicle
- K9 patrols return in Lower Burrell
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.