Amazon.com starts selling wine
By The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 10:54 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
NEW YORK -- Amazon.com has added wine to the long list of products it sells through its online marketplace.
Amazon.com Inc. said Thursday that it will ship wine to 12 states and Washington DC from its new storefront. The world's largest online retailer says shipping up to six bottles will cost $10.
The Seattle-based company says it is offering more than 1,000 wines from wineries around the U.S. The prices range from less than $10 to more than $100.
With Amazon Wine, the retailer is competing with online wine sellers such as Wine.com, as well as with traditional brick-and-mortar wine sellers.
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Pittsburgh police arrest bicyclist after chase through the South Side
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Photos: Sewickley Unleashed not just for the dogs
- Police: Man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- Former Charleroi pastor indicted on child pornography charge
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.