Veterans Day closings
All municipal, county, state and federal courts and offices will be closed on Monday, the day after Veterans Day.
Most banks will be closed, although a few branches inside grocery stores will be open.
Post offices will be closed, as will PennDOT driver's license and photo centers.
Most state stores will be open, although some will have alternate hours. Please call ahead.
Trash in Pittsburgh will be collected as usual.
The Port Authority of Allegheny County will operate on a regular schedule, but the Downtown Service Center will be closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- 8 children killed, mother stabbed, in Australia
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring