Police identify Squirrel Hill bank robbery suspect
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 7:48 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The bank robbery suspect who was captured following a brief chase in Squirrel Hill was identified on Thursday as Yamin Harris, 18, whose last known addresses were the West End and East Liberty, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said.
Harris is charged with being the gunman who robbed the First National Bank on Murray Avenue and then led police on a foot chase Wednesday morning.
As police chased Harris, one officer lost control of his cruiser and crashed into a tree and fence at Hillel Academy. The officer was hospitalized as a precaution.
Harris was captured in the backyard of a nearby residence and the money and gun were recovered, Richard said. Harris refused to identify himself at the time of his arrest.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Apple details requests for customers’ data
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.