Denver mail carrier steps around man who died
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, November 9, 2012, 9:36 a.m.
Updated: Friday, November 9, 2012
DENVER — The U.S. Postal Service is defending a mail carrier who stepped around a Denver man who collapsed and died near his front door.
Dale Porch was dropped off at home last week after working the night shift for the Regional Transportation District but never made it inside. Family members say hours later, a mail carrier walked by the body to deliver the mail but did nothing to help.
KMGH-TV reports the carrier has been temporarily taken off the route. The family says the carrier told them he thought the body was a mannequin, a decoration left over from Halloween.
A Postal Service spokesman called it an unfortunate situation that probably would not have happened any other time of the year.
An autopsy report is pending.
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Police seek suspect in Derry Twp. exposure incident
- Alcoa employee devoted to job, community
- Winfield Township places liens on 33 properties to secure sewer tap-in fees
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.