McKees Rocks Bridge to close overnight Friday
Published: Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, 1:48 p.m.
PennDOT will close the McKees Rocks Bridge from 9 p.m. Friday through 4 p.m. Saturday so crews can remove and replace pavement markings on the bridge, the agency said.
The work is related to a project to add a right-hand turn lane from the bridge onto Route 65, replace traffic signals and make other improvements at the intersection.
PennDOT will post signs to guide motorists around the closure via the West End Bridge, about two miles away.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- Steelers still have something worth playing for
- Robinson: Video review reveals Steelers coach’s sideline movements in Baltimore were out of character
- How can I delete my search history on Facebook?
- Kovacevic: On Melancon, Mandela, molding
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- Artists’ creative ‘Collective’ on display in Shadyside
- Greensburg high school roundup: Mt. Pleasant tops Penn-Trafford boys at buzzer
- Hunter dies in apparent Cambria hunting accident
- Rampant misuse of antibiotics poses growing global threat, experts warn