Washington County man killed in crash
An Avella man died early Sunday after being thrown from his car during an accident in Washington County.
Washington Coroner Tim Warco said Clarence Ernest Dudley, 26, died at 8:25 a.m. Sunday after the crash along State Route 50 and Gardner Street in Independence Township.
A passing motorist spotted the wreckage, which authorities believe occurred when Dudley's Pontiac sedan skidded across the right bend of the highway, crossed the center line and jumped a guardrail and embankment along the eastbound lane, ejecting him from the car.
The time of the accident is uncertain. State Police in Washington continue to investigate.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash