Westmoreland County man indicted for producing and possessing child pornography
Published: Monday, November 12, 2012, 11:16 a.m.
Updated: Monday, November 12, 2012
A federal grand jury has indicted an Avonmore man on charges of producing and possessing child pornography.
State police arrested Timothy Eugene Shearer, 54, in September on 17 state charges ranging from child rape to indecent exposure after investigating claims by a 4-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl that he had performed sexual acts with them. The federal grand jury based the federal charges on a hidden camcorder in Shearer's living room that recorded him having sex with the girl, according to the indictment filed Friday.
Shearer is being held at the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of a $500,000 bond, according to state court records. His arraignment on the state charge is scheduled for Wednesday in Westmoreland County Common Pleas. His initial appearance in federal court is scheduled for Nov. 27.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Area music store earns top honors
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Youth, civic groups clean up city
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.