Russian woman attacked by wolf, axes it to death
By The Associated Press
Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 7:34 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
MAKHACHKALA, Russia — Beware of 56-year-old Russian women with axes.
A lone wolf attacked Aishat Maksudova outside her sister's home in Russia's province of Dagestan in the North Caucasus Mountains.
The animal bit the farmer on her arm and her leg and she fell to the ground, crying out for help from other villagers. No one was in earshot. So she reached for an ax she had brought along to repair a fence, and with remarkable aplomb, she hit the wolf over the head several times until his teeth unclenched.
The wolf later died.
Maksudova has become a hero in the Caspian Sea province that lies east of Chechnya. She was still being treated for her wounds Tuesday at a local hospital after last week's incident. Doctors said she is recuperating well.
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Pittsburgh police arrest bicyclist after chase through the South Side
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Photos: Sewickley Unleashed not just for the dogs
- Police: Man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
That's what I'm talking about....you go girl!!! :-) If I was her, I'd hang if from a tree as a warning to all the other wolves.